Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Camp, Cows, and Cupcakes!

Julia started day camp at church today. She has asked to go to camp all summer so hopefully this will satisfy her camp desire! She was so excited that they were going to the boy scout camp and doing "real camp things"!
After we dropped Julia off at camp this morning Charlotte and I made plans to go get breakfast. She loves Chick Fil A drive thru but is not a fan of going inside because of the cow, which is apparently the equivalent of a Jason mask to her. I bargained with her and promised her that the cow would not be there. It was way too early for the cow to be there, he was still at the barn taking care of chores which she thought was he funniest thing ever but agreed to go to Chick Fil A if that was true. So we pull up to Chick Fil A, open the door and the first thing out of my mouth is "oh crap. I forgot it was cow day". Every one in be building with the exception of us and 2 others are dressed up as cows. The girl ordering smiles and says "oh, I have extra spots!" as the girl behind the counter hands me a cow headband, neither of them realizing that that's the least of my worries. Charlotte is slowing tightening her death grip on my leg while trying to inch towards the door. I order, explain that she's terrified of the cow while the sweet employees try to tell her that cows are really sweet and distract her with sea turtle talk. We managed to get to a table with no tears although she hasn't left my side and I'm pretty sure my dreams of wearing her out in the playground so she'll nap good this afternoon are shattered. So, in case anyone forgot, today is Cow Appreciation Day at CFA. I'll accept my mom of the year award now.
Eventually she got distracted enough that she took a few happy pictures for me! 
So, after the cow debacle I let her decide what we were doing the rest of the day. She wanted to go eat lunch at Touchdown Burgers and make pink cupcakes. She insisted on sitting outside even though it was close to 100 degrees today, but after our morning I agreed to sitting outside!
After lunch we went to the grocery store and got everything we needed to make pink cupcakes including pink icing and sugar sprinkles!
I think she forgave me for Chick-Fil-A this mornng, but I don't know if I will get her back to Chick-Fil-A anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment