Pages

Friday, October 2, 2015

Daleville Homecoming 2015!

Today the girls got to ride in the Daleville Homecoming Parade. Julia has been looking forward to riding in a parade since the night she won Future Little Miss Daleville! Today was a yucky, rainy day and I was afraid they might cancel the parade but thankfully it cleared up just before parade time.
I tried really hard to get a picture of the two of them before the parade (or even after) but they were way too distracted to pay attention to me!  Before the parade we were killing time and trying to keep the girls distracted. I asked them to show me their parade waves. Julia gave me a pretty good beauty queen parade wave. Charlotte gave me a typical, wild Charlotte wave with her tongue hanging out. Julia said "Charlotte you CANNOT wave in a parade with your tongue hanging out!" HA!
Michael sent me this selfie that he took with the girls before the parade started! 

Charlotte was still waking up from her nap when we left for the parade so I had to snap some of her afterwards. She wasn't the most cooperative model, but that's to be expected!
After the parade we came home, changed clothes, rested for just a few minutes, and headed back to Daleville for the homecoming game. The Daleville queens were announced during pregame.
waving while they introduced her

Even though Daleville isn't our hometown Julia had a blast with their Homecoming festivities. (And Charlotte didn't mind riding in the parade either!)

No comments:

Post a Comment