Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Kindergarten Prep!

Julia had her kindergarten screening this morning. She has been so excited about going to the kindergarten school today. We were waiting her turn when Megan Kaminski brought another kid out and he told his grandparents that he was a "kindercat" now. When Megan had taken the next student back Julia looked at me and said "I hope I'm not going to be a Kindercat". I explained to her that a Kindercat was a nickname and that all the kids at school would be kindercats next year. She thought about it a second and said "Well I don't want to be a real cat because then I can't live with you anymore." (I'm allergic to cats) I assured her that she could still live with me if she was a Kindercat!
Charlotte had to get in on the picture taking action too. She even fixed her own hair!
When we finished with Julia's screening we went to Wal-Mart to buy her school supplies. She had so much fun picking everything out. I would read what she needed off the list and she would find it. For the most part everything was pretty straight forward but she did want horse notebooks. The only notebooks they had with horses were Lisa Frank. I can't believe Lisa Frank is still around! 
Sissy was a good sport today!
Her favorite thing she picked out was her stuff for her lunchbox!  

After naptime this afternoon we busted out the girls magic ice cream makers that Rusty and Cristy gave them for Christmas. You're supposed to put the ingredients and ice in and shake for 3 minutes and you have ice cream. It wasn't quite that easy. After 3 shakes Julia told me she had shaken it for 3 minutes! They lost interst and said they were tired before their 3 minutes was up. Three minutes is a really long time when you're trying to get a 5 year old and an almost 3 year old to do one thing for the entire time! The ice cream never quite made, but it was cold and slushy and the girls still loved it. They've already asked when they can make more ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment