Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Charlotte's First Day of School, Blue Day & Reading!

Charlotte slept late this morning. She knew she was going to have a busy day at school and she wanted to get every second of beauty sleep in this morning! 
 She chose a pop-tart for breakfast but I don't think she ate more than two bites. She was too excited!
Julia has been talking about going back to school since the last day of school in May. She was so excited when she got up this morning and realized that today was finally school day. I was teasing her and asked if she wanted to just stay home today and she did NOT like that idea! She told me that she was going to school today! I love that both my girls loves school.  
 She walked straight into her classroom and sat down without even glancing back. It was SUCH a drastic improvement from last year! They had play-doh out to play with and she walked right in and started playing.
When I got home I asked Charlotte how school was and what she did. She told me that they played, colored, painted, and ate. When I asked her if she had a good day she said "yes, but Tindol's not in my class!"  I guess she was still hoping Tindol would be in her class today!

Here's a side by side of Charlotte on the first day of school last year and this year. Look at how much my sweet baby has grown! 
Today was Blue Day for Julia. We attempted a picture before and after school but she wasn't particularly cooperative either time! She said they colored Pete the Cat's shoe and had blue cupcakes for snack!
Julia got her homework folder for the first time tonight. It had a book in there that she's supposed to read to us three nights before she can get a new one.  She read the whole book by herself! I was SO proud and she was too!
I'm so proud of both my girls, I just can't believe how fast they're growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment