Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Our Kindercat!

Today was Julia's very first day of Kindergarten! She was so excited that I didn't have any trouble waking her up. I said "Julia, it's time to get up" and she popped her eyes open and said "I get to go to Kindergarten today". I hope she's just as excited to get up on the last day of school as she is on the first day! We had a little, ok not so little, photo shoot before we headed to school this morning.
The plan is to take her picture on the first and last day of school every year from now until her high school graduation day. Let's just see if I can keep up with the shirt for 13 years! 
Sweet Sissy couldn't be left out this morning. I think she was just as excited for Julia to go to Kindergarten as Julia was!
 
We got into Julia's class and she immediately put her things in her locker. She let me take some pictures and then she sat down and started playing with the Play Doh that was out for them. While I was crying on the inside because my BABY was starting KINDERGARTEN she was over there thinking this was the best day ever because she got to play with Play Doh! Well played Ms. Parker, well played. I held it together until I got to the car and then I shed a few tears and called some of my other Kindergarten mamas and shed a few tears with them all while thinking "WHERE DID THE LAST 5 YEARS GO?"
Meanwhile, Charlotte had an impromptu play date with Tindol at Chick-Fil-A.
Ms. Parker is awesome and posted some pictures on Facebook of their day today. It looks like Kindergarten wore them out!
Today was also  Ms. Parker's 30th birthday which means they kicked off Kindergarten with a party!
Mr. Martin tweeted this picture of lunch today and you can see the side of Julia in the top right corner.
Julia will be riding the bus to the high school in the afternoons. The bus was about 30 minutes later than the time they told us it would be arriving today. I know it was the first day and there were/are lots of things to work out but the other moms and I were about to have a melt down!
I got Julia off the bus and she came back to my office for a snack while I finished up my first day of school work. 
When we got to Nonny's house to get Charlotte she was outside walking Caddy. I love this picture of them.
We didn't get a first day of school picture with Charlotte this morning because she was still in her pj's but we got one this evening.
Julia brought home some work from school today. An I love you color sheet and a drawing on the back. She drew a picture on the back of her touching the dolphin at Gulf World last weekend with Michael and I watching.
And of course, I had to take a video of Julia's take on her first day of Kindergarten. I still can't believe my baby is officially a kindergartener! I hope she has the best year ever!
I

No comments:

Post a Comment