Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

The Atlanta Aquarium

First of all, I can't believe Julia is 6 weeks old today! Time is flying by!

Michael, Julia & I slept until 9:00 this morning! Unfortunately Gale woke up Brock & Amy at 5:00 so by the time we got up & dressed they had been waiting on us for a while! We loaded the car, checked out of the hotel & headed to the Varsity for lunch. We got our food & I started to put salt on my fries. When the salt came out it was redish so I thought, "Oh seasoning salt! I love that", so I loaded my fries down. It wasn't until I ate one that I realized it was Cayenne pepper! There went my fries! Oh well, Michael enjoyed them! Julia has been having tummy troubles the past few days & got a little fussy. There was a table of about 6 older couples who looked to be enjoying lunch after church sitting behind us. I realized they were all staring so I turned to apologize only to have them ask to see her & assure me that was the sweetest sound in the world & not to worry about it. I still felt bad that her crying was disrupting their lunch but at least they didn't make me feel bad about it!
While we were sitting at lunch we began to discuss the Georgia Aquarium. Since it was only $5 more than the World of Coke (& Michael & Brock could tell that while I would enjoy the World of Coke I really wanted to go to the aquarium) we decided to go there instead.

It took us almost 3 & 1/2 hours to see the aquarium but that included 2 stops for baby feedings & 1 for parent feedings.
Julia LOVED the jellyfish. They were in a dark room but the jellyfish tank was lit up. She followed the jellyfish with her eyes & kicked her feet. It was so cute!
She also liked this big tank in the Coldwater exhibit. There were fish swimming overhead & the sun shining in. She looked all around & soaked it all in!This penguin kept swimming by and checking Julia out!
She liked the big tunnel but not as much as I thought she was. She liked the coldwater tank better, I guess because of the light shining through it.
Both babies were pretty good & we got lots of compliments on them. Someone even asked if they were sisters! They're only 5 weeks apart!
We pulled out of the parking deck & headed for Enterprise at 4:29 (central time) & got home about 9:00. We stopped in Auburn & had dinner at a pizza place downtown called Little Italy. We (I) wanted to stop at Provino's, but we didn't think about it until we passed the exit. My brother had mentioned Little Italy several times so we decided to give it a try & were impressed. They had delicious pizza, but next time I think I'll try the calzone.

Julia has been fussy again today so I rode in the backseat with her. After the 3rd time I climbed over the seat I decided I'd just stay back there. She would go to sleep & then wake up screaming. As soon as I got back there she would calm down, go back to sleep & then the pattern would repeat itself. I'm ready for this tummy ache to go away & my sweet girl to come back!






No comments:

Post a Comment