Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

Dothan Fun & Swimming Lessons

Julia and I went to Dothan today to look for some fabric for Baby Sister's nursery and check out double strollers. I also wanted an excuse to get out of the house with all this rain we've had lately!

We went to the mall to walk around for a little bit and eat Chik-Fil-A for lunch and let Julia have a ride on the merry-go-round. Michael pointed out last time we were there that she always chooses the gorilla to ride on. I had never really paid that much attention, but when I started thinking about it and looking back at pictures I realized he was right.
Riding the gorilla at the mall

When we went to Babies R Us I got Julia out of the cart because I wanted to her to test drive some of the double strollers. Unfortunately they had a very limited number of strollers in stock, but I still wanted to see how Julia fit in them. When I took her out of one of them she climbed up between these two strollers and said "Mama! Take my picture!". HA!
 By the time we got in the car at Babies R Us and drove across the street to Hobby Lobby it was pouring. Julia thought it was hilarious that we got soaked!
When were pulling into Hancock's after we left Hobby Lobby Julia pointed to the access road and said "Look! A river!". Michael may get his boat after all, I think we'll need it soon!
Sporting her rain coat in Hancock's
Sacked out on the way home with cookie crumbs on her face!

When we got home Julia finished her nap, ate a snack and it was time to go to her last day of Tiny Tadpoles swimming. Thankfully the rain cleared up and the sun came out before it was time for class.

Daddy came with us and even got in the pool with Julia!





Julia thought it was more fun to try to stand or sit on the boards than to kick. Maybe she'll be a surfer?



"Cheese!"
She got a certificat at the end of class and was so proud of her "paper"!


After our usual Monday night dinner at Mama's we are home and ready for bed. I'm hoping the swim lessons will result in a good night's sleep tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment