Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2013

4th of July 2013!

Happy 4th of July!
 
Since all this yucky rain kept us from going to the beach we threw together a last minute get together at Aunt Donna & Kenny's. Uncle Tom cooked ribs and everyone else pitched in to bring sides and desserts.
 
Naturally, Julia and Natalie wanted watermelon. Watermelon is not an indoor food for two year olds so I sat on the front porch with them while they ate some.
 I went inside to get a rag to wipe them off with and came back to them staring through the door trying to get in!
We came home long enough to take a few pictures and a short nap before we headed back for leftovers for dinner.
 Caddy had to get in a few pictures!
When we were on our way back to Aunt Donna and Kenny's tonight we drove past Milky Moo's. They were giving free ice cream cones to any kids who came in and said the pledge. I told Julia that if she would say it she could get a free ice cream. Michael asked her to say it for us and if she could say it we would go get her ice cream. She said "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of...ICE CREAM! The end! They say the pledge at school and she doesn't know all the words, but she usually does pretty good.
 
Julia, Natalie and I made macaroni necklaces this afternoon. They were supposed to be red and blue but I didn't think about it until this morning so I didn't have time to let the noodles soak very long and the blue ones turned out green. I told them they would have to save them for Christmas!




 
Julia hasn't really been herself tonight. I took her temperature while we were at Aunt Donna's and it was almost 103. When we got home it was down to 99.7. I gave her some Tylenol and she went to bed by herself. I hope she feels better in the morning, someone in our house as bee sick ALL summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment