Pages

Monday, July 28, 2014

Sofia's Frozen Amulet

The girls woke up bright and early this morning ready to get our day started.  This little ham got into my swimsuits while I was in the shower.
 
We bought the stuff to make "Sofia's Magical Amulets" yesterday. They have been showing these on Disney Junior all summer and she has been talking about them for weeks. She even knows that the recipe is on "disneyjunior.com/disheswithdisney". Last night I put the grape juice amulets in the freezer and this morning we made the frozen yogurt pops.
We mixed all the ingredients in a ziploc bag.
Then, we put that ziploc bag inside another ziploc bag with ice and salt and shook it up!
Last, we spooned them in the popsicle molds and put them in the freezer.

We met Michael for lunch at Jimmy Johns and ran some errands before we came home for naptime. Charlotte slept on the couch while Julia watched a movie and had some quiet time.
We ate dinner at Larry's tonight and came home to have our "Sofia's Frozen Amulets" for dessert. Before we were done I was promising I wouldn't do anything like this until they are older! Julia did ok but Charlotte got it everywhere! I don't know why but this was much messier than a normal popsicle.  At one point I looked over at Charlotte and she was using her yogurt pop to paint the house!
 We've all had baths and are ready for bed now. I have new teacher orientation tomorrow. I'm gonna miss my girls tons!

No comments:

Post a Comment