Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The Dentist...Again

Julia and I got up this morning and headed to Dothan for her 9:00 appointment. I didn't exactly tell her where we were going, I just told her we were going to see granddads friend. She was a little apprehensive when we got there but they gave her some "juice" to ease her nerves before they took her back. The following pictures and video are a result of the "juice"!


Julia's "Minnie Mouse nose"

We attempted the fillings but Dr. Crowder and I agreed that with as jumpy and apprehensive as she was even with the "juice" and gas that we would probably be better to try it another way. She wasn't bad. She didn't yell, cry, or scream but she was however very unsure of what was going on. You could see a look of terror in her eyes when they put the thing in her mouth so she couldn't close it and I was having to hold her arms still while Dr. Crowder's assistant held the gas on her face. Dr. Crowder and I agreed that even if we fought through the two today we'd still have to go back and fill the two on the other side and we were afraid she might be terrified of the dentist forever! So, we're going to have to take her to the hospital and have her put to sleep to fill them. The good news is that they will be able to fill all of them at one time as well as do a good cleaning and take x-rays. It's not exactly the outcome I had hoped for but it is the outcome that I kinda expected.

This is certainly not the best picture of Charlotte, but you can see her face. Poor girl got it good!

No comments:

Post a Comment