Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

I hurt my noggin!

When Julia and I got ready to go to gymnastics this morning Jared was here mowing our grass. Julia walked outside and immediately spotted him and started waving. As I was pulling out of the driveway she was yelling "Bye Jared! We go to 'nastics! I'll play with you when we get back!"

While I was putting our bags in the car and cooling the car off before gymnastics Julia decided she wanted some more ceral. She got her bowl and the box of cereal off the counter and poured some more into her bowl. The problem was, when her bowl was full she didn't stop pouring! She poured the entire box out on the floor!

This afternoon we were at Nana and Pop's working on Charlotte's baby bedding. Nana was itting in her chair and Julia was giving her a check up. Thanks to Doc McStuffin's she is very into being a doctor right now. After she checked Nana out she looked at her and said "I have a diagnosis!". She really does pick up on everything!

While we were over there this afternoon Julia got a boo boo. She took some thread off Nana's desk and was brining it to the kitchen. She turned around to see if anybody was coming to get it from her and tripped and hit her head on Nana's desk. She immediately started crying and when I saw the gash I jumped in the car to head to the ER. Mom called Michel who called the pediatrician's office. They said that they couldn't see her because it was on her head and that she would have to see an ENT. I really thought that was just a  cop out since it was about 4:30, but I talked to two other people who said they were told the same thing when their kids hit their heads so I guess that's typical! So, we met Michael at home and called Dr. McQueen and he saw her. He put some dermabond (super glue) on it and sent us home.

When we were leaving Nana and Pop's Julia was crying. By the time we got downtown she had calmed down and she said "Mommy, I have a boo boo". I said "I know, what happened?". Her response? "I hurt my noggin." I thought I was going to lose it! I guess I use the term "noggin" more than I realized!
Reaching for the camera, obviously her noggin doesn't hurt too bad anymroe!
Waiting to see Dr. Mike


All better!
As you can tell, it didn't keep her down for long. She has thoroughly enjoyed telling everyone she has a boo boo and that she hurt her noggin. She may or may not be milking this just a little! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment