Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

We broke the streak

Julia hasn't had a "sick baby" visit since before her two year check up in May, but we broke the streak today. She's had a cough for about 2 weeks and has been on an antibiotic since last Tuesday, but when she woke up from her nap today she had a fever. I called Dr. Whitaker's office and they wanted to see her since she'd already been on an antibiotic for a week. After a throat swab for strep and a chest x-ray we left with a diagnosis of pneumonia and a prescription for a stronger antibiotic! I hate that she's no better after a week on antibiotics, but hopefully she'll feel better soon. Luckily he said the pneumonia had just developed since she's just started running a fever. I would have felt terrible if she had been walking around with pneumonia for a week! 

I knew she didn't feel good when she went down for a nap at 11:30 and slept over 3 hours! She and Charlotte were so sweet snuggled up today. I love how Charlotte is smiling in the second picture.  I just hope Charlotte doesn't catch this cold that has had the 3 of us feeling so crummy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment