Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

Gymnastic Stars

Whew! Today was a long day! The first day with students is always tiring, but add in Julia's gymnastics today and Michael's meeting tonight and I am beat! I was almost 7:00 before we even got home!
 
This sweet face was greeting me when I got home today. Mom had walked out the front door to get something off the porch without her and Charlotte was protesting!
 
When we did get home I let the girls play outside for a few minutes while I cleaned out my car. Sweet Miss Charlotte is walking all over the place now! I think we can officially say that she's a walker!
 She still does her bear crawl when she wants to get somewhere really fast!
 Toddling away!
 Seconds after I took those pictures she went to sit down and tumbled a little. She skinned her chin and her upper lip a little bit. I guess we'll see how bad it looks tomorrow!

Julia had check offs at gymnastics a few weeks ago and she got her stickers for the things she could do today. Since this was her first check off she also got her poster to put her stars on. When we got home she put on her poster. She was so proud!

She could run forward, walk sideways on the beam (both ways), crawl forward on the beam, swing on rings in tuck position 3 times on the bar, and jump to support hold for 3 seconds on the bars.
After we got home and unloaded I realized I had one more errand to run so I loaded the girls back up since Michael was still at his meeting. When we pulled back in the driveway about 7:30 they were both sound asleep. Julia woke up long enough to take her leotard off and go to the bathroom and then she was back sound asleep.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment