Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Sick Baby

Julia woke up about 12:45 this morning with a fever of 101. I was afraid she might have another urinary tract infection because she was also wincing when she went tee tee. I went on to school this morning and called and got an appointment for her at 1:40 this afternoon. When I called to tell Nana & Pop they said that she had thrown up also, so that kinda threw my theory of a UTI off, but I later learned that can also be a symptom.
waiting for Dr. Whitaker
Dr. Whitaker had the nurses do a catheter to get a urine sample and draw blood. Bless her heart, she thought that was the most awful thing ever (and I'm pretty sure I would share those same feelings if I were in her shoes!). As soon as they took the catheter out she was still crying hysterically, but she was saying "We did it, Mommy. Yay." and clapping her hands. Pitiful!
watching Nemo after her lab work
Looking her Elmo bandaid on her boo boo on her "minger"
She finally gave in and napped when they stopped poking her!

I promised her a milkshake since she such a big girl through all the poking & prodding!
We're home now and her fever is back, even though she hasn't had one all day. It was 103.2 when we got back from the doctor's office (at 4:30!) and got up to 105.4 before her last dose of ibuprofen, but is down to around 102 now. I just hope it continues to go down and not back up!

Julia also got a "happy" in the mail today. Jesse, Amber & Tucker sent her this sweet ornament. The back has her name and the year 2012 on it. Thank you Taylors!


No comments:

Post a Comment