Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Story Time!

I think I may owe Haiden my sanity. She swaddled Charlotte yesterday for a couple of pictures and she went straight to sleep. Michael and I laughed and said maybe we should try swaddling again. So we swaddled her last night and she slept from 9:00-1:30! It's "only" 4 and a half hours, but when she has been consistently getting up every hour and half to three hours it felt like an eternity. After her 1:30 feeding she slept another four and a half hours, until 6:00, before getting up for the day at 8:00. It was glorious! I'm just crossing my fingers that it wasn't a fluke!

After gymnastics, Julia went to the library with Cooper for story time. They came by and picked her up and she was SO excited to go. She was grinning ear to ear when she left, she said "Bye Mama. You and Charlotte stay here. I going with Ms. Awison and Cooper!" I will admit that I got kind of sad when I watched them pull out of the driveway. When did my little baby grow up? There's no way she should be old enough to be going on play dates without me! This was the first time she's been off with someone besides family. I was nervous for her, not because I didn't trust Allison, but because I didn't know how she would act. Would she listen to Allison? Would she run wild while they were trying to read the stories? Would she cry? Fortunately, Allison said she was great, or at least that's what she told me! :)

When they got to the libary Allison said that they sat down and turned their library eyes and ears on. When Julia would say something or get antsy Cooper would look at her and say "Sit down, Julia" or "Listen to the story, Julia" in his sweet little voice. Allison posted these pictures on Facebook from their playdate.

 
 
 
When they got back to the house Julia told me the story was about a pumpkin.When Cooper and Allison got ready to leave Julia was coloring in her coloring book. Cooper said "Julia, give me a hug"  so Julia gave him a hug. Then he said "Kiss me, Julia". When Julia didn't move he put one hand on each side of her face kissed her right on the paci! Julia didn't even look up from her coloring book! HA!
 
After they left I tried to put Julia down for a nap, but she was having none of it. When Michael got home he was talking to her and she asked to be rocked. So he took her in Charlotte's room and rocked her until she fell asleep. She definitely fills up his lap now, but there's still nothing sweeter than a sleeping baby (or toddler). She has been asking to be rocked a lot since Charlotte has been here, which is funny because we don't really rock Charlotte.
And this little angel has been hanging out tonight. She was pretty fussy this afternoon so I got out the Moby wrap for the first time. She didn't love it at first, but she did fall asleep in it pretty fast.Tonight she has napped peacefully in the Nap Nanny long enough for us to eat dinner.


She loves to suck on her fingers!
Fussy girl
 
And finally, this is the face you get when you tell an overly tired Julia that there are no more cookies!
 Can you tell she enjoyed leftover spaghetti for dinner?


No comments:

Post a Comment