Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Puny Baby

I had an early morning this morning. I forgot to turn my alarm off! It started blasting at 6:00 this morning and I tossed and turned for a little while, but couldn't go back to sleep. I got some things done around the house before I went to pick Julia up and take mom to the doctor to see about her ankle.

I thought Julia felt warm when I got to Mom's house, but I'm not very good at guessing. When we got home I checked her temperature and it was 100.5. It's lingered right around there most of the day today. She took a very long nap this afternoon and I may or may not have fallen asleep with her. :)

She has figured out how to wiggle off our bed!

Michael and I spent most of our day taking Mom from one doctor's office to the next! She tried to get an appointment with Southern Bone & Joint this morning, but they wouldn't see her until Wednesday so she went to a walk in clinic who sent her to the hospital for x-rays. The hospital sent her home and told her they would call if it was broken. About an hour after she got home they called and said it was fractured and she needed to go to Southern Bone & Joint as soon as she could. If SB&J would have seen her this morning this could have been avoided, but it did keep our day from being boring! She's in a walking cast, so at least she doesn't have to deal with crutches!
Michael cooked ribs for dinner tonight so we had our Monday night dinner over here instead of at Mom's. Julia enjoyed gnawing on the ribs, but I'm not sure how much meat she actually got!
Her fever had gone down, but it was back up to 100.5 when we put her down about 8:15. We gave her some more tylenol, so I'm hoping for a decent nights sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment