Pages

Friday, May 23, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend = Sick Girls

Charlotte woke up this morning coughing and wheezing. After yesterdays fever I decided to take her into the doctor just to be sure she was ok before we headed to the beach. 

Of course I waited until after lunch so Dr. Whitaker's office was closed which meant I had to take her to the walk in clinic. Fortunately we had a great experience there. We did a breathing treatment in the office and then went over to the hospital for a chest x-ray to rule out pneumonia. She wasn't a fan of the breathing treatment or the chest x-ray but the second she saw me get my phone out and turn the camera part on she stuck that bottom lip out!

Luckily her lungs were clear but she does have a lot of wheezing and congestion so our beach trip is on hold for now. The NP gave her a prescription for a steroid, antibiotic and we are supposed to give her an antihistamine and do breathing treatments as needed also.  I'm hoping that will be enough to kick this and maybe we can head to the beach tomorrow.

I hate to have my girls sick, especially when we have something fun planned, but I'm just thankful that it's not the stomach virus this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment