Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2014

The Last Day of School

Julia had her last day of school today.  She was not happy that it was the last day. She kept telling me she would have to go back and see Ms. Gail.
I've walked her into school everyday this week. After today I won't get the chance to walk her into her classroom everyday. It's really hit me that this is the first big chapter in her life that we're closing. She's been at Small Steps for the past three years and she won't go next year.
Holding Julia's sweet hand as I walked her into Small Steps for the last time. 

Julia's going to miss Ms. Sue so much next year. She was in her class her first year at Small Steps and again this year.  Julia LOVES Ms. Sue. I told her she had to move back to the one year old room so she could have Charlotte next year!
 
While Julia was at school we had to go to Dothan to pick up the class gift for Ms. Gail. Charlotte has been obsessed with Miss Patty Cake lately. As soon as we get in the car she starts asking for her.
Ms. Gail posted these pictures on Facebook of Julia and her friends enjoying their last day of school. She's going to miss her sweet friends so much!
Julia & Lilly giving Ms. Gail her present from them. 
Ms. Gail opening her class gift.
Julia's last day at Small Steps
So, today Julia walked out of Small Steps as a student for the last time. And I cried. I know she has bigger and better things ahead of her but it was sad to close that chapter, that means she's really growing up. I can't believe a year from now I'll be preparing to send her off to Kindergarten. I may have to be medicated!!

After school we headed to Red Brick Pizza to eat lunch with Ellington and Cooper and then over to their house to play for a little while.
Michael got home this evening. Charlotte was happy to have him home for their bedtime routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment