Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Home Again

After another Chik-Fil-A lunch Julia & I headed to the airport to begin our journey home, but not before another reading of Hop on Pop and a teeth brushing session! 
She loves to brush her teeth! 
As we were sitting in the lobby of the hotel waiting for our shuttle to the hotel I got a call from Southwest saying that our flight had been delayed an hour. I briefly considered staying at the hotel a little longer, but since we were already in the lobby with all our luggage and the shuttle had been called I decided to go ahead.

When we checked in the man at the check-in counter said that our flight was only delayed 30 minutes. Julia & I did a quick diaper change, checked out the gift shop and headed for security. As I was approaching security a TSA agent in a suit called me aside and took me to the front of the line. They checked my ID and boarding pass and took me to a separate line to scan our luggage. They gave me no hassle for having extra liquid and we were through security in 5 minutes, tops! I asked them if they saw my facebook post from last week. :)

Once through security I decided to go ahead and get a gate check tag for the stroller so I wouldn't forget. When I was waiting at the counter I heard the lady call to pull luggage going through to Panama City. After talking to the people in front of me I realized they were taking us off our Houston flight and routing us through Nashville since we wouldn't make our connection in Houston. This meant that our flight left in 20 minutes instead of 2 hours. It also meant we had an almost 3 hour layover in Nashville!

The good thing is Nashville had this cute little play area that Julia enjoyed playing on. We spent a large portion of our layover here, and it was right across from our gate.
When she got tired with the play area we headed to Whit's to get some BBQ. She thoroughly enjoyed her BBQ chips!
After a quick wardrobe change we were on our way to Panama City! She didn't sleep on this flight but it was less than an hour so it wasn't too difficult to keep her entertained.
Mama and Nana picked us up at the airport and we finally got home about 30 minutes ago. Julia is sound asleep and I am right behind her. We have another big day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment