Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Magic Time Machine

Julia and I got up this morning with the intention of spending our morning at the pool, however it doesn't open until 10:00 a.m. and by then it was naptime! We decided to forgo the pool and headed to the mall after a quick Chik-Fil-A lunch with Michael.

The mall is just across the street from the hotel so we took the shuttle. Julia and I wandered for a few hours and spent a few dollars. :) Janie and Jack was having a sale and they had an orange cardigan with bows on it. It was just meant to be in Julia's fall wardrobe, perfect for Football Saturdays. And at $12.99 it was sold, along with the bow blue jeans which were mispriced so we go them for only $5.99!

I let Julia stretch her legs and squeal outside while we waited for the shuttle back to the hotel. While we were waiting a fire truck pulled up with its sirens on. Julia was fascinated with it!
 
 
When searching message boards for reccomendations for things to do in San Antonio someone recomeded The Magic Time Machine. At dinner last night I noticed it was across the street so we decided to try it tonight. 3 of the guys in Michael's class joined us. I must admit I was nervous about them joining us because the restaurant is supposed to be aimed towards children. All the waiters, waitresses and hostesses are dressed as movie characters. I'm fairly certain the adults had more fun than Julia though. Forest Gump was our waiter and it couldn't have been a better fit.
They told Forest that it was Zahid's birthday so he got a special birthday song. It was to the tune of "oh Michkey, you're so fine". He was a good sport!
They aslo love to embaress you when you go to the bathroom. When Michael asked for directions Forest led him to the bathroom yelling "Coming through! Michael needs a potty break!" I thought I was going to be smart for going to the bathroom without asking for directions, instead Forest got on the loud speaker and said "Congratulatuions to Heather for making it to the bathroom. I hear this one's a 9 out of 10 on the stinker meter." So much for not getting embarassed.

Since we are the only ones with a rental car Michael had to run a shuttle between the hotel and the restaurant, luckily it was only a few blocks away. Michael dropped Julia and I off and we got a table while he went back to get the other guys. I ordered a coke while we waited for everyone else and Forest brought me a pictcher of coke with a straw in it. He said it wasn't because I was special it was because he's lazy! I guess he knew how many times I'd be asking for a refill!

I think it's safe to say we all enjoyed dinner tonight - and the food was fabulous too!

No comments:

Post a Comment