Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Woke up this morning, Texas on my mind...

Julia and I got up this morning ready to head to Texas! Mama and Pop dropped us off at the airport and we were on our way, as soon as we got through security. TSA thought it would be a good idea to do a pat down on Julia and me. I guess they thought we were making traveling look too easy! The TSA agent said it was because we had over the amount of liquids allowed since I had milk and food for Julia, but they have never done that before!

Once we got through security we grabbed a quick quesadilla we boarded the plane to Houston!
 Julia did GREAT on the flights. We weren't able to get an entire row to ourselves on either flight but Julia did get her own seat which helped tremendously! She had a window seat both times and was occupied by opening and closing the window.












She fell asleep right after we took off on our way to Houston and slept about an hour of the hour and a half flight.

 When she woke up she watched a Praise Baby on the iPad. I think she was still in a sleep daze!

 We changed planes in Houston with just enough time to grab a luggage strap at Hudson News (I left the bungee cord in my car and I knew I'd need it when we got our luggage) and board the plane. They were already boarding when we got to the gate which was great because that was just less time to try to confine/entertain Julia!

The flight from Houston to San Antonio was only 37 minutes gate to gate so there wasn't too long to try to entertain her. She watched a little Praise Baby when we could turn the iPad on but mostly enjoyed looking out the window and eating a snack.

We made it to San Antonio relatively easy, got the stroller, car seat, carry on, diaper bag, 2 suitcases and ourselves to the rental car counter only to realize I didn't have my credit card! So instead of getting our rental car we took the shuttle to the hotel!
 Julia waiting on the shuttle!

Julia was so excited to see her daddy! When he got out of class we took the hotel shuttle back to the airport to get the rental car. Julia was so tired she fell asleep sitting up, she hasn't done that in a long time!


We got the rental car and came back to the hotel for a little while before dinner. We went to a Tex-Mex restaurant called Los Palopa's at the reccomendation of our shuttle driver. Three other guys from Michael's class went with us. It was good, but I think we were all expecting better. I think we're still on the search for the best Tex-Mex restaurant!

No comments:

Post a Comment