Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Saturday Fun

Julia woke up this morning and spotted a Mickey Mouse cookie on the counter. I think you can tell she enjoyed it!
After her pre-breakfast snack we all set out in search of breakfast. We decided to go through the drive-thru at Hardee's and bring it home to eat. Julia loved her cheese biscuit, or maybe she just loved the cheese!
After breakfast we got dressed to have lunch at the Bowden's with Libby and Susan. When I'm getting dressed Julia likes to come into the bathroom and play with my make-up. I let her put on "blush" with my brush and she has her own chapstick that she puts on. This morning she was watching me put foundation on and she decided she would put the chapstick on her face.
Beautiful!

After we enjoyed some good food and fellowship with the Bowden family we decided to head to Dothan. We planned on taking Julia to see the new Alvin and the Chipmunks movie, but instead we lost track of time at the mall and missed the movie!

When we pulled into the mall parking lot Julia started saying "Horsey! Horsey!". Michael and I couldn't figure out what she saw that made her think of horses. I told Michael that maybe she was thinking about the carousel, but I really didn't think she would have that association since she's only ridden the carousel at the mall a handful of times and she's never ever ridden a horse on it. In fact, I don't know that there's even a horse on there.

As we were walking past the mall we walked past the little hallway to the food court she spotted the carousel and started saying "Horsey! Horsey!" again. Since we didn't make the movie we had to let her ride the carousel. We didn't have the right change for the token machine so we got a little snack  so we could get some change and sat by the carousel and watched it go round while we ate it. As the animals went around I asked what animal she wanted to ride and she said "monkey" without hesitation! You can tell by the grin on her face that that girl loves to ride the merry-go-round!
After we got back from Dothan we went to Nana and Pop's to eat Zaxby's. After we were done eating Julia realized she was the center of attention and really hammed it up. Nana gave her a little bear last year that plays "Jesus Loves Me". She has started singing along with it and sung it for them tonight. I hope she will let me record her singing it soon, but she's notorious for shutting down whenever I bring out the video camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment