Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

We lost Mickey!

Well last night didn't exactly go as planned. I had envisioned sleep like this:
Instead, this is more like what my sleep looked like:
On the bright side, I got to catch up on Flying Wild Alasaka! It was actually better than I imagined.

Michael and I got up this morning and went to breakfast at the Huddle House before we went to get Julia. After being lazy around the house for a little while we decided to go down to Destin for the afternoon/evening. We hit up Bed, Bath, and Beyond and finally got some curtains for our bedroom. We've only been in our house 2 years!While we were there Julia picked out a beach chair that was just her size!
We went to a new area in Destin called HarbourWalk Village to walk around and eat dinner. It's so strange because right now is the "season" in South Florida where we lived, but in North Florida this is definitely the "off season". The place was kinda dead, but I can see it being a really fun place to hang out in the summer. We did get some good food at The Crazy Lobster though. Julia liked our calamari appetizer and Mom and I had crabcakes while Michael had boiled shrimp, it was all good!
Yummy calamari!
After dinner we headed over to Destin Commons to do a little shopping. Apparently Julia enjoyed Michael's choice of music because she was bobbing her head and waving her hands in the air. So precious!
Unfortunately while we were shopping we lost something very important, Mickey Mouse! Julia had him when we were walking around and apparently dropped him/threw him out somewhere. I didn't realize he was missing until we got in the truck and were on our way home. I was trying to get her settled in hopes that she would fall asleep, when I realized we couldn't find him. We went back and searched our path but couldn't find him and he hadn't been turned in to lost and found. I'm going to call tomorrow in hopes that someone with a heart has turned him in!

No comments:

Post a Comment